Sunday, November 8, 2009

Sunny day, Sweepin' the clouds away, On my way to where the air is sweet

Can you tell me how to get,
How to get to Sesame Street.


I don't know about all of you but I am absolutely loving how Google is featuring a different character from Sesame Street everyday in honor of the shows 40th anniversary. So far there's been Cookie Monster (my personal favorite), Bert & Ernie, Oscar The Grouch and Big Byrd. Every time I've used Google this past week, I've been taken back to my childhood. I remember sitting on the living room floor watching the colored lines across the television waiting for the program to start in the early 80's. I think it's pretty wonderful for those of us born after 1969 that we've never known a world without Sesame Street. It was through that show that we learned to speak the basics of second languages like Spanish and French, and learned to count in the coolest ways. Remember the pinball animation that taught us to count to 12? There is a magic in Sesame street that speaks to children's hearts and minds and I am pleased to know that 40 years later, the show is still going strong. CNN has written a really great piece which you can check out here.

Just for the fun of reminiscing a little, drum roll please:

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ........ 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, ........11, .........12

3 comments:

Nathan said...

That is a great clip! Thanks for sharing. I too have been enjoying the trips down memory lane when I go to Google. Heck, I found myself visiting Google just to see which character they had up. They have the Count on there today which is cool. I would like to see Snuffaluffagus as he was my personal favourite.

Great post!

Sorcerer said...

yeah.I opened up google and was very much wowed by that logo..that was pretty neat.

Unknown said...

Loved the post! I too am a big fan of Sesame Street! I wish they aired more of it on other stations. My son would probably love it. Thanks!