Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Glen "Big Baby" Davis Out For 6-8 Weeks

First off, let me start by saying that I'm a huge Boston Celtics fan. I was even overly impressed with Glen Davis last season but right now, words that come to mind are bonehead. Davis is out for 6-8 weeks because while apparently his drunk friend was driving, Davis felt he needed to punch his friend in the face, in order to protect himself, subsequently breaking his thumb in the process. Self defense?! Punching the drunk driver of the vehicle of which you are a passenger is self defense? Maybe I'm weird or something but that seems like an invitation for an accident to happen. I'm not sure if him being out 6-8 weeks is a loss to mourn. After all, it's just like someone said to me last night, Kevin Garnett is back! Word has it that Davis plans to apologize to his teammates. You can read the story here.

2 comments:

Beer Drinker Rob said...

First, I hate the Celtics. I'm slightly older than you, but mainly the Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, Freckle Face, Angry Ainge Celtics. But I can never be cured.

Second, I bet the apology is like the one Manny gave to the Dodgers after testing positive for roids.

And finally, I'm thinking it was drunk passenger punching drunk driver, no one was thinking and these guys think they are invincible!

And it's preseason still!

Laura said...

I'm also old school Celtics. Actually, I'm old school basketball period but back then I was a Lakers fan. Funny you should mention "drunk passenger punching drunk driver" ...a friend and I were speaking about the same thing today. I like how he claimed it didn't "escalate" further until they were pulled over, lol.