Monday, October 26, 2009

The Year Of The Vampire

Two words: VAMPIRE PHENOMENON!

It seems that falling in love with a Vampire is all the rave these days. For the time being anyway. I for one have been a fan of the whole vampire thing since the classic1979 Dracula movie they used to show on ASN every halloween when I was a kid. Later followed Fright Night, another famous vampire movie from the 80's. Now, it's everywhere thanks to the huge success of Twilight. I will admit that I rather enjoyed reading the Twilight Saga and partaking in watching the movie with my 3 children. I will even admit that I plan on taking them to see New Moon, and the movies to follow as well. I am also an avid fan of the new HBO series True Blood which targets adults based on the Sookie Stackhouse series.

My beef with the whole vampire phenomenon is that it's everywhere now and it's one tv show and movie playing off another one. An example is the new show Vampire Diaries. Very similar to Twilight. I suppose young girls love that but enough already. Another example is the new movie coming out called The Vampire's Assistant. In my opinion, the movie will ruin the image of a seductive, bloodsucking, immortal creature that we all grew up on. You'll even find shelves in bookstores covered with vampire books. I just think that the media, writers, directors and so on are over doing it. My two cents.

With that said, what is your vampire flavor? Would it be "Edward" of Twilight ? "Bill or Eric" of True Blood? "Stephan or Damian" of The Vampire Diaries? Or are you just plain sick of it all?

Me? I'm a Bill Compton girl myself. Maybe it's the way he says "Sookie", like "Soo-kay" in that accent of his, lol. Can't you just hear him?

3 comments:

Beer Drinker Rob said...

is that movie picture photo Tom Cruise?

Laura said...

No it isn't (although I can see how he kind of looks like him) It's actually Stephen Moyer. He's the lead vampire in the new HBO series True Blood.

MJenks said...

"In my opinion, the movie will ruin the image of a seductive, bloodsucking, immortal creature that we all grew up on."

Because Twilight didn't do that already?